Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags

fuss

Sep. 23rd, 2026 09:08 am
johncomic: (Frank)
[personal profile] johncomic
cartoon of a boy sticking his tongue out

This is one of the most recent panels from my current WIP. I wanted to point out that, the face on the left? I redrew every facial feature three or four times before I got what I was looking for.
 
Seems to me that faces in cartooning are unusually sensitive to small differences. Making a line one dot longer, or changing an angle a fraction of a degree, can palpably alter what the face is expressing. The medium is capable of great subtlety, if the artist is attentive enough. 
 
I was going to say that I "fuss over" the faces in my comics, but it's closer to the mark to say that I "dote upon" them. Once I started learning cartooning, I soon found that drawing faces and their expressions was my favourite part. And it still is.

September 2026

S M T W T F S
  12 345
6789101112
13141516171819
202122 23242526
27282930   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Page generated Oct. 8th, 2026 01:54 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios